The Ultimate List of Small Business Software
Running a small business comes with an endless amount of tasks and responsibilities. The right software tools can help manage the daily workflow of small business and increase productivity.
Productivity and Focus
- Evernote: this note-taking app is perfect for organization, task management, and archiving. Evernote helps your team capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists into organized into digital notebooks. You can take notes from anywhere and share meeting notes, web pages, and ideas with anyone.
- Todoist: Todoist is a great app to organize, plan, and collaborate on projects of all sizes. The app gives a clear overview of prioritized tasks to keep your team on track. Todoist allows you to delegate tasks to collaborators and track the progress of projects. It also integrates with other daily apps like calendars, Slack, and Dropbox.
- Toggl: Toggl is a great productivity tool for those who get easily distracted. It’s a simple time tracker app that tracks daily activities on different platforms like website/app usage and periods of downtime. Toggl then creates detailed reports and insights about where to optimize workflow and identifies areas for improvement.
- WorkBoard: Keeping your objectives, results, actions, and decisions all in one place keeps operations transparent and efficient. WorkBoard OKRs software providers help teams align and localize OKRs, measure results objectively, and automate business reviews. With WorkBoard you can coordinate and collaborate on actions, run virtual meetings, and always maintain operational visibility.
Communication and Collaboration
- Slack: Slack streamlines communication across remote teams to keep everyone productive. The instant-messaging system keeps conversations organized in dedicated channels and makes it simple to find important information in a searchable archive. Slack can be used by teams of all sizes to communicate as groups in channels or have one-on-one conversations with Direct Messages.
- Yammer: Yammer is essentially Facebook for business. The social network contains profile pages of company employees that can be used for internal collaborations. Yammer has many familiar collaboration tools for business users like Suggested Groups, Suggested People, Networks, and more.
- Zoom: When you need to host online meetings with remote or international participants, Zoom Meetings is a reliable choice. The cloud-based video conferencing application features high-quality HD video and audio, text chat, and screen sharing, and can support up to 1,000 participants at once.
- BrightPattern: Customer service is an important factor in a business’s success. Workforce optimization software from BrightPattern gives businesses the tools necessary to analyze customer interactions and drive efficiency through accurate forecasting and scheduling. When call center agents can rely on accurate schedules and understand how to implement quality management practices, they are empowered to engage with and handle difficult customer service interactions.
- Zendesk: Zendesk is a cloud-based customer service application targeted at improving business to customer communications. The app helps improve customer service, increase productivity, and boost customer satisfaction rates. Zendesk features ticket management, self-service online support, analytical reports, and integration with other apps.
- HelpScout: Maintaining an organized inbox helps workers stay focused and calm. HelpScout is a cloud-based help desk solution that has the appearance of personal email. Users can file emails in multiple mailboxes for shared email addresses, allowing them to work across departments. HelpScout has a reporting feature that measures team performance, spots trends, and monitors customer happiness.
Marketing and Sales
- Google Trends: Track how frequently specific keywords, subjects, and phrases are searched over a period of time with Google Trends. The tool gives businesses insight into consumer search behaviors so that they can anticipate shifts in interest and demands.
- Hatchbuck: Hatchbuck is an integrated sales and marketing solution that helps businesses improve lead engagement and customer loyalty. Users can monitor customer activities in real-time online, target relevant content to customers, and convert leads into sales.