What happens the first time you get a DUI?
Have you been arrested for driving under the influence? If you answer yes, then you should be prepared. There are different things that will occur that will definitely cost you some money. First of all, you need to hire a traffic lawyer los angeles. If it is your first time, you may just need a lawyer for consultation. If it is already your 3rd, you can expect that your case would go to court. The right lawyer will represent you in court.
There are some things that you can expect when you get a DUI:
- There is a possibility that you need to go to court if the DUI has caused a major accident. This means that you have injured someone or some people have died because of what you did.
- You will need to pay some fines depending on the severity of what you have caused.
- Your license will be suspended for a certain period of time. If it is not your first time to get a DUI, your license will be revoked. Find a santa ana dui attorney immediately or you may worsen the current status of your case.
- There are some lawyers who will be able to get you into a drunk driving school instead of having to go to jail.
- If you are still a minor, you may be placed on probation. There will also be other services that you will be required to do as your penalty.
Getting Arrested and Booked
It is normal that you will feel scared when you get arrested. You will be accompanied to the police vehicle and you will be taken to the nearest police precinct. The moment that you get there, you will be required to get a mug shot. You will also be fingerprinted. A lot of people are this time may sometimes panic about the things that are happening. This may be the time when you can contact dui attorneys van nuys. The longer that you wait, the more serious your problems are going to be.
If you get convicted of DUI, you will be asked to pay a fine. This is only part of the sentence. You may be recommended to spend some jail time too.